Monday, June 26, 2017

DEIVF (Donor Egg In Vitro Fetilization) Update

This Wednesday is our first appointment for the DEIVF cycle. They will just be doing some standard blood tests on the Donor side. It will be fun though because we get to spend quality girl time together, for the afternoon. It has been a while since me and BF Donor have got to spend alone time together so I am looking forward to it. These appointments are routine for me since I have been doing this for 3 years now. BF Donor said she was nervous about the test results which was so sweet of her and adorable. She will do great though, I know it. I keep running through my head that doctors and others have suggested that their could be downfalls when using a donor that you know. I just don't see it! The closer the appointment gets the more I think we made a great choice with using my best friend for a donor. Not only do I get to spend more time with her, we get to experience something together that most friends can never say they did. Another plus is that I can be at as many appointments as possible with her and be part of the whole process not the sitting back a crossing my fingers while relying on a stranger to produce some eggs for us.

For the first time in 3 years I feel like things might be falling into place for us. We have a big busy summer coming up with fertility and other personal issues but it will fly by fast and hopefully end on a good note! Hopefully our transfer will be scheduled around September if everything falls into place so I believe I will take next semester off school.  Thanks again for all the support from everyone, especially our donor and my family, we are truly blessed to have you all in our lives.

PS. If anyone has any extra fertility meds that are not expired and have been stored properly, that they are willing to donate please let me know. This will be a big expense for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment