Monday, December 12, 2016

The Honest Co.


There have been many studies looking at the link between endometriosis and dioxin. Dioxin is a chemical used in bleaching of many products including pesticides, paper towels, toilet paper, coffee filters and feminine products.  All products are FDA approved if the amount of Dioxin is under a certain level but the products can still have trace amounts of dioxin in them.  FDA mainly cares about the absorbency levels so you don't get toxic shock syndrome. 

Having severe endometriosis, I have decided to try to cut out as many nonorganic products as possible. This is a slow process for me as I am learning about each product and it’s hard to get on new routines. Another downfall is that organic products are more expensive but so is healthcare, so I am trying. I already try to eat as much organic food as possible and I switched to unbleached coffee filters. 

My latest product switch and one I feel may help the most is to organic tampons.  I recently purchased organic tampons from The Honest Co. I was a little worried at first the ability to stop leakage but I really think they are just as good, if not better than tampax. Another plus is that the packaging is so cute and doesn’t look like a tampon box at all so you don’t have to worry about hiding the package. Most tampons are bleached with chlorine which leads the the byproduct called dioxin. 26% of the world's pesticide is sprayed on cotton. Now do you really want to put directly inside your body to have it absorbed into blood system.  

I personally can’t wait to try more products from The Honest Co.. They have everything including diapers, laundry detergent, cleaners, towels, personal care, lotions, vitamins and so much more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment